Feb. 28-March 4, 2011
A week of activities, briefings, and events to highlight what is being done across the nation and around the world to stop and slow the spread of invasive species.
- NISAW Launch and Tribal Event
- State Invasive Species Council and Regional Coordination Workshop
- USDA Invasive Animal and Pathogen Day
- Forum on International and Regional Invasive Species Issues
- The National Environmental Coalition on Invasive Species presents a brownbag lunch
- National Forest System Invasive Species Program Awards Ceremony
- Reception and educational program at the United States Botanical Garden
- Reception and educational program at the National Aquarium
WEBINARS/WebEx: State and Regional Invasive Species Workshop Panels
Forum on International and Regional Invasive Species Issues Flyer
The organizers of the “Aquatic Nuisance Species: Federal and State Roles, Responsibilities and Gaps” panel held March 1, 2011 at the NISAW State and Regional Invasive Species Day, Hotel Dupont, have posted a summary to encourage session discussion on the NISAW website. The document summarizes the draft “MANAGEMENT OF AQUATIC NUISANCE SPECIES (ANS), Federal and State Government Roles, Responsibilities, and Authorities” White Paper that is being developed by several federal and state agencies and NGOs, led by AFWA.