NISAW was held February 28 - March 4, 2022
- Climate Change
- Forest Health
- Protect the Uninfested West from Zebra/Quagga Mussels and Other AIS
- The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- The Farm Bill
NAISMA encourages local, state, and regional organizations to use the FREE NISAW toolkit of outreach and communications resources to raise awareness of local invasive species concerns to elected officials, agency leadership, and the public. NAISMA’s emails, social media posts, and digital advertising campaign reached over 500,000 viewers in 2022.
Educational Invasive Species Webinars
- Monday, February 28th at 10:00 am central – USGS Decision Science – Modeling and Structured Decision Making
- Tuesday, March 1st at 11:00 am central – Climate Change and Invasive Species
- Wednesday, March 2nd at 11:00 am central – Protect the Uninfested West from Aquatic Invasive Species
- Thursday, March 3rd at 12:00 pm central – Pacific Green Crab Management
- Friday, March 4th at 11:00 am central – Firewood Rules, Certifications, and Recommendations across the USA
NISAW provides an opportunity for organizations to hold formal briefings for Congressional staff to educate and inform on a specific topic or bill.
- Thursday, March 3rd at 10:00 am central – Managing the Hydrilla River Infestation in the Connecticut River
NISAW provides an opportunity for individuals and organizations to meet with elected officials and agency leadership to communicate priorities for invasive species legislation, funding, policy, and management.