- This event has passed.
ECISMA North African Python Survey
March 4 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
An event every 3 days that begins at 12:00 pm, repeating until March 7, 2022
North African Pythons were first reported in Florida in 2001. In 2009, several Northern African pythons were found, indicating a potential breeding population in western Miami-Dade County. FWC and partners actively survey for and remove these invasive snakes. In concurrence with NISAW, FWC and the Everglades CISMA host an annual interagency regional survey.
Details and RSVP:
- 3-4 hour mid-day surveys starting at 12:00 PM.
- FWC will organize the surveys (assigning sites, sharing maps, datasheets, and organizing all of the collected data to share with the group).
- To RSVP: email Ali Courtemanche (Ali.Courtemanche@myfwc.com) by Friday, February 11 and include:
- name of individuals participating with their email addresses, associated organizations, and preferred day to participate
- any preferred historical NAP survey sites you would like to be assigned(site assignment will be flexible; no preference is also an option).
- If anyone has recommended NAP survey sites, please share those as well (we have a growing list from previous years).